Low battery voltage creeps up on us without warning and will damage a good set of house batteries pretty quickly. Once your batteries are low they are for all intents and purposes on their last legs. There's not much room for error between dead and an easily retrievable condition. Our LVA alerts you before and allows you to take the appropriate action. A small flashing red button and the provided panel label are all you see on your electrical panel. An audible alert sounds 15 seconds after the button flashes. Another 15 seconds later, the built-in 30 Amp relay can turn off a refrigerator or turn on a generator.
The LVA is a compact, easy to install monitor that sounds it's alert when your house batteries are below 11.6 Volts (default setting, but easily programmable from 11.0 to 12.8 volts) for more than 90 seconds (default, but easily programmable from 15 seconds to 5 minutes). The LVA also provides an over-voltage alarm at 15 volts (default, but easily programmable from 13.5 to 16.0 volts).
The alarm resets as soon as normal voltages are restored (12.3 volts default, programmable from 11.1 to 13.0 volts), but you can mute the alarm for 5 minutes by just tapping the lighted pushbutton or disable it by pressing just a bit longer.
The built-in 30 Amp relay is designed to be connected to a high energy user like a refrigerator or inverter shutting it off before it kills your batteries.
For boat with generators, the LVA built-in relay can be set to turn on your generator when the house bank gets low and signal you again when it's charged!
The installation is very easy. The compact circuit board fits inside your panel with only the small red button showing on the panel itself. Press this red button to mute, disable or program the alarm. This is a simple one button programming system that talks back to you by flashing. It's really pretty cool if we do say so ourselves.
We’ve also included an 85dB alarm on this tiny board but you can bypass it by removing a jumper and use your existing alarm sounders. For example, you could use your engine oil pressure alarm sounder if you prefer the sound or location of that alarm. The wiring is simple!
Here's where it really pays to have an LVA:
- Night sailing or fishing - Time to conserve? fridge on? (LVA will shut the fridge off and sounds the alert automatically). Is it time to start charging?
- When you manually switch to a second house bank and no alert sounds, your batteries are within range.
- You're docked and you think you're charging. You're not! You're draining your batteries because the dock plug is not properly connected or the marina's fuse has blown. An alert sounds and the fridge is shut off automatically saving your battery.
- You're at anchor. The LVA will kick on your auto-start generator when you need it and tell you when you're all charged up so you can shut that annoying thing down!
- The LVA can alert you when your solar panel has fully charge your battery.
The bottom line is, the LVA is on guard even when you're not and keeps you from killing your batteries.
- Programmable low and high voltage set points
- Built-in relay for turning Off or On up to a 30 Amp draw
- On/Off, Mute, flashing programmable LED control button
- 85 dB Alert sounder built-in or connect in series with other existing alarms
- Programmable High and Low set points and delay times
- Installs in minutes
- Ready-to-go out-of-the-box, but highly customizable using easy programming
- Compact design
Download the complete Detailed Manual for advanced features and programming here
Monitor holding tanks and water tanks with the touch of a button.
See and be seen! Sold by the foot
Non-lanolin 100% synthetic formula US Navy spec.
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation Made in USA
On Sale through February. MSRP
$351.00, Now $285.00!
Solve onboard mounting problems fast! A little goes a long way!
Make your WiFi fast and reliable with our 9 dB hi-gain base station