We think it's better to get an advanced warning from this alarm switch rather than have an engine shut down due to poor fuel flow. This sensor allows you to monitor your diesel fuel system for flow restrictions including monitoring for dirty fuel filters. The sensor installs on existing spare output female 1/4-inch NPT connection on your primary fuel filter or, if you don't have a port, a simple "T" plumbing adapter between the filter and engine will do the trick. It's simple!
The kit includes a red LED 12-volt DC pilot light. You could also hook the switch up to a buzzer (not included) for an audible alarm.
- 5 amp load capacity at 12 or 24 volts DC
- Shipped set at 8-inches HG
- Adjustable from 5-30" HG
- Weight is .26 lbs
- Flying leads
- Overall size 1-1/8-inch diameter x 1-5/8-inch
We suggest using the vacuum alarm switch in conjuction with our Drag Pointer Vacuum Gauge
Vacuum Monitoring Information
- Remove the top Allen screw to expose the vacuum setpoint adjustment screw.
- Start your engine and run your engine under load at normal cruising speed and above. Note: Your existing fuel filter should be in good condition having been changed recently.
- If the alarm sounds below 10 " Hg adjust the setpoint screw counterclockwise to turn it off. Note: Our Drag Pointer Vacuum gauge makes these reading a snap.
- When you are satisified that your unit is set correctly start your engine again and briefly shut off your fuel supply at the tank. The vacuum alarm switch should activate your ship's engine alarm buzzer in just a few seconds.
- Quickly open the fuel supply allowing the vacuum to return to normal.
- Your ship's engine alarm will shut off. You're done!
Visit our Vacuum Monitoring
information page for tips and information on monitoring diesel fuel systems including possible diagnostics and Racor® filter information.
Don't forget to use a diesel compatible thread sealer like our Block™ Multipurpose Thread Sealant
. Teflon® tape is not recommended for petroleum applications.
Everything you need to upgrade your Yanmar,Perkins or other saddle mount dual foot alternators to the most efficient charging system for AGM or flooded cell batteries
Charge faster Charge better!
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation Made in USA!
On Sale Now. MSRP
$246.00, Now $199.95!
This is the best pole/handle for our line slicing Hooknife. Extends your Hooknife's reach by 6'
It's programmable! Don't let your batteries go low without warning
Shuts off or turns on electrical devices automatically
Monitor holding tanks and water tanks with the touch of a button.
Non-lanolin 100% synthetic formula US Navy spec.
Hook and pull action slices entangled lines from your prop or rudder! NOT CURRENTLY STOCKED. Please see our new longer Hooknife in stock here: Hooknife 2
Provides additional safety measure in case the user forgets to shut off the propane solenoid manually.