Introducing SPM™ Auxiliary Sailboat Engine Compartment Sound Proofing Peel & Stick Tiles
The iron wind is an unpleasant necessity for most sailors. Aside from the fact that you are not actually sailing, you are accosted by the shear brutality of that noisy SOB below. No, not him/her. You know what I mean, that loved and hated device that is driving you forward. Still stumped? I mean the diesel, damn it, man, the diesel! Read on...
Think of how pleasant cruising would be if you didn't have to listen to your diesel hammering away in your engine compartment. Why put up with it? That was our thought when we first took on this project.
We searched for the best sound dampening technologies available and found SPM's formula currently being used in engine compartments in the trucking industry. We were very concerned about the durability of the flimsy multi-layered products sold nowadays to boaters. It just doesn't make sense to put a soft thin layer of thin metallic fabric facing your engine. It tares and crumbles as you already may know and becomes an ineffective mess after only a few years.
On the other hand, a modern truck's cab is quiet and comfortable. That's kind of amazing considering there is a 500+ horsepower monster on the other side of the bulkhead. It's soundproofing is durable, stays put and most importantly very sound deadening. Basic acoustical engineering and good polymer chemistry solved the problems. Why not solve the noise problem in your beloved sailboat the same way?
Here's what we came up with. You'll be amazed at what you don't hear!!
Sailor's Solutions took this high tech acoustical product from "under hood" and added a rugged easy to clean surface on one side and a very aggressive "peel and stick" adhesive on the other side. We then die-cut it into one-foot squares for ease of installation in tight spaces.
I couldn't believe my ears! How did I put up with that noise for so long? It was easy to install too!
Some lifestyle benefits after installing SPM in your boat:
Here's what some users are saying:
- You can call orders below and know you will actually be heard. (No more excuses!)
- WARNING: The diesel can't drown out your obnoxious comments so be careful what you mumble. Your crew will hear you.
- You will be able to listening to the radio or even music while steaming along like a gentleman.
- Your temper will improve dramatically (we hope).
- No wind? So what, your quality of life isn't going to suffer anymore.
- Enjoy the new clean and professional look of your engine compartment.
- Just a short note to let you know how well the sound insulation worked out. The difference is amazing.
Alan J., S/V SKOL Catalina 400
- I used a 6 panel kit to sound insulate a small cabin air conditioner in the owner's stateroom... excellent results; easy to install, easy to custom cut, very good product.
- Dear Nick,
The tiles have been installed, they are great! Thank
you for such a great product!!
B. C., WI
P.S. So easy to install!! My friends said that
it sounds like the engine is on another boat!
- This is my second order, Great Product!
- Great product. It sounds like a new boat.
R. T., FL
- Wow, that's quiet!! - and I only did the part inside the cabin.
- I love it! What a nice improvement. I'm going to recommend
SPM to all my cruising friends.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Easy Installation Instructions
- Up to 90% diesel engine noise reduction
- Size: One-foot by one-foot tiles
- 1 1/8" thick sound dampening foam with hard polymer sound disrupting surface
- Peel & Stick System
- Flexible around curves down to a 3" radius
- Hard, durable, high temperature silver surface
White is out of stock. Solve onboard mounting problems fast! A little goes a long way!
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation Made in USA
Charges deeper, faster and without maintenance!
Will not spill or leak!
Compact and rugged Designed for many years of operation. Mounting bracket included Made in USA!
Hook and pull action slices entangled lines from your prop or rudder!
Don't loose your gear! Lifts 1 KG and lights up at night
Keep your batteries plates clean & fresh.
Works automatically each time you charge!
Make your WiFi fast and reliable with our 9 dB hi-gain base station